Chief Investment Officer, Kasada Capital Management
- David Damiba has 25 years of finance experience with an extensive African fund management, portfolio construction and risk management track record covering all asset classes across more than 20 African countries.
- Before joining Kasada in 2018, David was a Partner at Helios Investment Partners, where he co-founded and co-led the firm’s activities in African mezzanine and structured credit. In that capacity, David originated, led, structured and executed a variety of transactions targeting equity-like returns with significant structural downside protection and an emphasis on yield and self-liquidation.
- Prior to joining Helios in 2012, David was a Managing Director and founder of Africa Funds at Renaissance Asset Managers (UK). David’s area of focus at Renaissance was on providing structured solutions across the capital structure to a wide range of entities.
- David has a BA in Economics from New York University (NYU) and an MBA from INSEAD.
- David is Burkinabé and British and speaks English and French.